PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Cadet Programme Application Thread
Old 27th Dec 2011, 05:26
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Banged, you seem to have ruffled a few feathers on the other thread by your dogged determination to only listen to what you want to hear, and not the over whelming majority of those who call your reasoning, desires and actions into question. They challenge them based on experience and knowledge, so you dismiss them because they do not fit into the cocoon you deem needed to justify your selfish needs. Me first, screw the rest or what my actions contribute to, eh?

What's most interesting is the following quote from VFE whom I have swapped numerous posts with when he was also vilifying the virtues of the CX CPP. And after his own experience he writes:
Take it from people who have been around in aviation a bit longer and trust them. I can usually gauge situations and people rather well and after attending two interviews at CX can honestly state that the impression given here by a vociferous minority is just the thin end of the wedge. In aviation, your gut feelings are something you learn if and when to rely upon. What do your gut feelings tell you about this scheme given what you read here on PPRuNe? Never have I before seen so much hostility surround a particular topic. Can over two years worth of postings on this matter ALL be the malicious, rancid and vindictive hot air of a bunch of devious, cynical old salts who wish nothing more than to stop enthusiastic youngsters from entering their chosen career? I know PPRuNe has gone down a rather negative alley in recent years but.... c'mon, most of us know how to sift out the wheat from the chaff here - even a hefty pinch of salt still leaves an awful lot of bad air. In short: there HAS to be some validity to the hostility evidenced here, wouldn't you say?

And may I ask..... Do you believe the CPP contributes to aviation in general or detracts from it? By lowering recruitment standards as well as T's & C's does the CPP represent higher levels of safety, standards and professionalism or lower? Lastly, are you one who watches the news and sees the greedy immoral behaviour of so many in the corporate world that has lead to the collapse of so many economies and companies and put people out of homes and see it in disgust, or do you actively turn a blind eye, stick your finger up at those affected by the shear greed and support it? Because that is PRECISELY what you are doing via this CPP. You admit you KNOW what you are doing and completely believe it is a good thing. You discredit all the first hand experience and knowledge given and hold on to your own selfish notions that are needed to satisfy your reasoning.

So, the CPP Application Process: DON'T DO IT.