PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACF Pay Ballot result
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2011, 18:25
VJW

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Good on them.

BACF in my opinion is one of the few 'proper' jet operators, the only down side when I viewed it was their pay package. Hiring guys from flight school, not expecting them to pay for their rating, paying for things people like me have to pay for themselves.

I've been on one of their assessment days (identical pretty much to BA) and the only thing I found hard to accept was the lowly pay they made, and having to use that to live within reasonable range of London City airport. Good to see they have a bit of unity it seems, BACF could easily be a career airline with an improved pay deal. I would love to be treated better by my company, but at the end of the day even on the crappy contract I'm on, and with paying for all my loss of licence/medicals etc etc the list goes on, I still end up with way way more money each year, and lets face it - its just a nice job we all do, pays the bills and puts a roof over our heads.

Good luck to those in BACF- very nice bunch those that I've met, and worth fighting for no question!!