PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 26th Dec 2011, 16:06
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see BA proper as working on the Ts and Cs currently enjoyed
Mmmm, cannot see that happening Bearing in mind we (BA) are having to agree to (yet to be stated) reductions in T&Cs just to be allowed the chance (not certainty) to integrate with bmi.

"British Airways PLC Contract Of Employment (DEP)" and then later the name Company= British Airways PLC
I would hope that has subsequently changed... bearing in "British Airways plc" does not exist

I cannot see BA integrating BMI pilots into mainline without selection
Whether bmi and BA pilots are integrated or not, the bmi slots need to be flown, else they are lost. There is no way BA pilots/aircraft could fly them without years of recruitment / purchases. I personally do not see bmi pilots going through any "selection" process myself - if they are to be integrated, it will be done in a relatively short timescale.

the fact that BA made BACON, Openskies etc pilots go through selection
BACON / OS were never part of the LHR mainline operation... When CF were taken over / bought we took all their pilots I believe without "selection". Unless we did, we could not have maintained their operation ex-LGW.

All WW wants out of the deal is the slots for expansion of BA LH routes from LHR .... I think the BMI aircraft and slots will gradually pass over to BA mainline to fuel its expansion
In case you have not noticed, bmi aircraft are almost entirely SH (and I suspect the 330s will go farly soon). So not sure your 2 statements add up? Personally, I believe either:
1. bmi (Mainline) integrate entirely, and as soon as possible or
2. bmi become "BA Express" and grow as BA whithers. No need for the customer necessarily to know the difference, and no reason why BA Express does not expand into LH.

Just what someone without a job waiting for a sim slot wants to hear...
I cannot see any of the options I outlined being anything than good T&Cs when compared to some others out there... Might not be what we currently have. I cannot, however, see the bmi purchase as possibly a bit negative for recruitment for a while?