PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2002, 13:15
Target seen...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick message for Dicky the Pig. As you have some sympathy for the fire fighters cause I thought you may be interested in how the FBU came to their justification for a 40% rise.

Whilst sat in a JOCC on Op Fresco last week I had an interesting conversation with the Senior Fire Officer present. The report that the FBU are using as their basis for a rise has been seen by minimal members. The 40% they insist they are worth was agreed apon over pint at a pub lunch. Without quoting the individuals concerned it went along the lines of, "So what about £25,000 then?" "Why not make it a nice round figure, 40% takes us to £30,000." "40% it is then."

So those hard working dedicated firemen who are spouting off on the news about how much they are worth might like to provide the fuel for all this hot air they are spouting.

And if you really believe a job with a 48 hour week, the ability to run a second job(declared to the inland revenue of course!), is worth a 40% rise then could you tell me where I get a flight to your world.....

Red Sky at night, Goddess is on duty......