PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue times at ORNGE
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2011, 00:18
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
MISSISSAUGA, ON – Jan 11 – The Ornge Foundation is pleased to receive a donation of over $343,000 from Pilatus, the world’s leading manufacturer of single-engine turboprop aircraft. This generous donation will be used in Ornge’s Academy of Transport Medicine (ATM) to support the simulation program.
Buy Six Pilatus Airplanes and get a $343,000 donation to your operation....not a bad deal.

Pilatus gets paid full price on the aircraft, rebates the donation money, gets a tax deduction for charitable giving....I wonder if any of the other competitors were offered that deal/offer/idea?

Now if I wuz looking into this outfit's actions....I would be asking Pilatus to give me the details of their corporate charitable giving for the past few years. Perhaps they do this on a regular basis and this is not a one off.

Also noted Agusta-Westland partnered with Ornge in a $250,000 Endowment Fund for Aboriginal Students at Confederation College.

Nice of these Aerospace companies to support their customers this way. All very Arms Length transactions I am sure.

Last edited by SASless; 26th Dec 2011 at 00:41.