PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2011, 22:27
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ aakhan

It seems that whatever I say, it doesn't matter, anyways, I'll see where it'll go with you whether you like what I'm saying or not...I myself was going to dropout because of shifting problems too...Finally I found a house in Ajman, rented it for 12 months, but used it for 6 months only, then I had to leave to the Philippines & loose the other 6 months rent costs...about 2500 USD !!! would you like me to swear on alpha? I spent 3 months waiting for my MCC training...would you like me to swear on the GCAA? and another 3 months for the Type Rating...and now for another 4 months for the 12 Take Offs & Landings...would you like me to Cry...REPUTATION is what pays me back, not nagging & Swearing...

Here you go, the ground school is similar for everyone 6 to 7 months & maybe more if you Have Ramadan, Eid & other National Holidays, here's the explanation :

You Have 3 Modules in the Ground School called Module 1, Module 2 & Module 3 and it doesn't matter whether you start with Module 1 or Module 2 or Module 3:

In order to keep the batches running, my Batch started with Module 1 (we were 4, then became 2 in less than a week from the start date), while the new joiners have joined us in Module 2 (Another 2 Guys), so for Batch 2A (me & my friend) Module 1 & 2 were done, and we have module 3 left...while Batch 2B (done with Mod 2 & 3) had Module 1 to go so, they had to spend about 2.5 months in ground school & so on for the other Batches, this then changed I guess from batch 5, where there is no intersections/overlapping between batches...unless if some people had failed in the Module...they had to join the new comers again...etc.

As far as I can tell you "aakhan", you can ask Alpha or GCAA for clear number of "Success Ratios" (by law they must be truthful) as most of the dropouts happen in the ground school & I don't have a track of that, plus, the fact that some batches have merged...etc. but for the Batches that I know 1, 2 & 3 (probably some of the 4)...1 is 100% success, 2 until the moment is 100% success & 3 had only one who have dropped out from the core flying as I heard he had some difficulties...he started good, then nobody knows what happened...as far as I heard, he was unsafe to go solo...I don't know if the Psycho-motor test would have shown it he had the skills, but...Solo phobic...I don't want to judge or give a bad impression about him, if he's reading...let him answer by himself !

At the end of the day aakhan, if you have the Numbers...let me know...it is none of my business to support any side, as far as I see it, AAG have screwed up in a lots of places at the beginning...I confess that batch 1 was like Lab Rat/Mouse, but would I regret it?...would you regret it ?