PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Widerøe opptak
Thread: Widerøe opptak
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2011, 22:19
Moonwalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
Blue06	 Har man fått nei så er hovedregelen at man ikke får prøve igjen. Klarer man ikke testene første gang så har de vel fått den infoen de trenger om deg og vil kanskje ikke at man skal dra hjem å øve seg?
Testene skal jo liksom se om en person har de egenskaper WF ser etter, å har man ikke det er det vel liten vits å prøve på nytt og på nytt...

Vet om andre selskap som f.eks sier man kan prøve igjen om 2 år. Men de testene jeg måtte igjennom der var mer kunnskap(ATPL) og matte og det er jo fort gjort å lese seg opp på hvis man ikke står første gang.
Testene til WF er annerledes og tester ting man i utgangspunktet ikke kan pugge.
My best advice to people attending the January testing period is to have a look around with your mates working in Norway and get the real test and practice, and yes the real one are out the on the "black market".

The real reason you can't do the tests 2 times is because the psychologist would shoot himself as a science person. These tests has to show a high degree of test consistency and that means that you must get the same result if you did the tests at two different occasions, different personal mood setting etc. If you don't then the test is not considered to be consistent and the validity would be low. By inviting old participant you would say that my test battery is not up to highest scientific standard. This is just for the show and I strongly believe that you can practice on these tests to get a better result just as you can practice on flying to become a better pilot. To ace on aptitude testing is to have a certain mind set of how to solve these problems. Some people have it naturally, others don't. For those ones that doesn't, practice can help and not being a natural in this respect doesn't mean you are worse off as a pilot when the engine is burning as many people claim.

To everyone who is serious about WF in January and doesn't know how aptitude testing works I would strongly recommend the following book which in many cases is a copy of what to be expected in Oslo. Many of the tests that is found in the book is also represented at the written tests in Norway. At least they were for some years ago, and by the look of the state of the paperwork, nothing has changed there for the last 30 years

- How to win at aptitude tests written by Paul Pelshenke - and no I'm not the author

Good Luck!