PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Copa 2010
Thread: Copa 2010
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2011, 20:24
SonnyCrockett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
787 Carrot

Keep dangling that 787 Carrot.....it will not happen!

Just like the "PAY RAISE" right around the corner!

COPA pay is low,and TAXED to DEATH will all kinds of hidden fee's and if you ask for a breakdown of your check--they get all upset with you?? and if you are not born and raised in Panama expect second class treatment. My class had some of the biggest LOSERS in it from the USA. It doesn't take much to get hired, in fact they hired people that should have been showed the door at the interview--but when you are desperate you take anyone you can get. For example guys with no real heavy jet time....just some "made up" ferry time in a B737 for a training company (just and example) or no Boeing time what so ever just RJ time.....! Good luck learning how to fly around South America when all your background is radar vectors to ILS 32R ORD. Fun time!

Countless buddies who are still at COPA are just getting the 500 hours and bolting for a job in China.

I have some really good friends still down there, and NOT all the guys from the USA are losers--but a good number were FIRED from jobs in the USA or had such PATHETIC training records they can only get hired at COPA since there is no PRIA checks. ( I personally know of two of them and lied on the application) The HR department just needs warm bodies to fill seats--and with the 2nd Sim up and running if they lose a few after a couple of months well no problem we will hire more replacements!

Sad state of affairs.....

Too bad really it could have been a great place to work--with some more pay and realistic days off (like 12-14 off) and not the BS 6 off crap--which they NEVER tell you about in the interview or training. Oh-and the fun of riding around on the "free shuttle" to the airport--like 3 extra hours picking up god knows who around town for your 0700 show! so you are picked up at 0400 and spend your first few hours touring the dirty city of Panama, with the reverse is true when you finish your trip.

Habanos made it barely worth it......