PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diamond DA42V1
Thread: Diamond DA42V1
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2011, 16:47
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that is a reasonable attitude if spending your own money.

It is now clear that Diamond will not rush to tell people of engine problems because they need to sell airframes and they cannot shift them without the motors

If problems surface after delivery, that is OK because they have got paid and the issue shifts into the normal warranty process where it can be, shall we say, "managed"........ hey ho this is aviation after all

At the height of the Thielert debacle they had, according to a friend who visited their factory, some vast number (many dozens, IIRC) of DA42 airframes which could not be delivered because there were no engines. Obviously, Diamond tried everything to stop people cancelling orders. In one case where I know the chap very well, Mr Dries personally offered the customer a D-Jet at a discount price That would have been an absolute scream. There is absolutely not one single person I have ever spoken to privately who has had direct dealings with the factory and who speaks well of the way they do business.

Also, Diamond has recently been sold to some Middle East outfit which has no apparent aviation experience.