PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 25th Dec 2011, 13:26
meaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My QR Experience

Hello everyone, i am posting this for everyone to read and know more details about QR

i was one of you guys 2 years ago when i was waiting for my medical clearance and came to this website to find some others to talk to.

I going end of 2009 and i gladly left 2011. I have no intentions to freak you off or to scare anyone but i will be honest. for you who may wonder why i am writing this, i am doing that because i think it may help some people to think again about the decision to go as i would not have done it if i had the chance again.

I was flying for QR for 20 months before i submit my resignation letter with immediate effect as i couldn't wait to leave that place. I know you would say things could be different to everyone and i want to have my own experience " that what i said to myself 2 years ago" i was happy the first month flying because i ignored all the rubbish and just wanted to fly. but after i cooled down about it i realized how miserable this place is! i will tell you some facts with no manipulation or anything. only facts that i have experienced in QR

1- You will have no privacy in your life " camera in your building monitoring when you come in and out plus u have to swipe your id card"

2- you could be terminated for the silliest reason " out of my 19 batch mates, 11 was terminated for the silliest reason u would ever want to hear " you would not believe it unless u have seen it happening so i wouldn't bother to tell here unless u really wanna know u can ask and i will reply

3- you will have no rights as a crew. you can't tell your opinion you can't argue even if you are right. basically you are a paid slave that a customer can rune your life with some bull**** lies " it didn't happen to me but i saw it happening to many crew getting demoted from a Cabin Senior to F2 after 5 years flying because a customer complaint with lies.

4- delete your social life or leave it home before you come. " my closest friend and batch mate was terminated because he was in a party in Doha and he took a pic with 2 girl friends one of them was smoking " he was not smoking but he was just next to the girl who was smoking .. the office called him and put him on log for 2 weeks and finally terminated him because of that . i know it is difficult to believe but it is TRUE

5- be prepared to be locked at your accommodation all the time because you can't go out 15 hours before any flight . and your roster is always tight that you will usually have 20 hours between flights. so basically u can't go out or invite someone in. except in your days off ( 8 days a month ) and you will also have to come back home before 3:30 AM or u will be called to the office next morning. also you can't have visitors after 10PM

6- u are not allowed to use even iPod to listen to music when you are in the transportation to your accommodation after a flight. ( i got a warning letter because one crew reported me when i was going back home in the crew bus")

7- as you will meet very nice people you will meet a very low class people with no education and they found themselves in a uniform suit and they can give you orders!

for those who think i have been terminated or something and thats why i am angry .. it is not true.. I have resigned and i even did it with immediate effect because i decided that i am done taking it anymore. i have much better things to do with my life than letting those people rune it. i truly give you this advice from my heart .. try Emirates or Etihad. they are much better. i live now in dubai and i see the difference. you will even feel it in Emirates crew when they look at you in the airport or whatever.

after all its your call. and this is just my advice.

Good luck everyone.