PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs
Thread: Rotary Jobs
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2011, 09:32
blackbird20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Tsitoyr,

The same happens here in portugal, or even in other countries. With no experience in twin engine helicopters, althought you have good flight experience its hard to get a job in a civil company with twin engine helicopters. I strongly believe, from what I have seen, that you should have these options:

- try to get hired with someone who needs single engine pilots, because a twin engine pilot wont look for work in the single engine market.
- invest in a twin engine helicopter TR (AW139,AS332,S76), but once again, you will be a very low timer in twin engine ops, and at this time it might be a risky investment. I would only invest if the company would certainly hire me, and in exchange consider bonding!!
- about getting hired by big companies, be careful about the age. Big companies want to hire experienced pilot, but they will try to get someone who isnīt to old, I mean, someone who can progress and work for the company the most he/she can.

What I have just expressed are just opinions, based on what I have seen, so think about this and see if it makes sense.