PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merry Christmas 2011
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2011, 22:11
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas 2011.

Yes Savoia ... a warm, thoughtful and comforting post and in reply I have to say a huge 'thanks' for your kind words. I'm far from certain that I warrant them all ... but just to tell you and my fellow pruners, that it always gives me much pleasure to contribute anything from my aviation experiences (now sixty years) in this wonderful industry. It seems just yesterday that I met your good self and the charismatic Colonel 'Bob' Smith when you walked into my spanking new Skyline offices at Wycombe Air Park, but I guess it was circa summer 1983. You would have been 17 perhaps, which would have made me a whisker over fifty! You are now an experienced commercial rotary flyer and the dear Colonel is in happy retirement way down south. Aviation and in particular the rotary kind has been especially good to me and apart from the personal family horror of March 2000, I have to say, the last thirty or so years have been the happiest of my life. In helicopter aviation, I've met many wonderful people and been able to fly so many interesting rotary types. Savoia, as you christened me 'Dennisimo' I warm to your idea of your being a son ... the son I lost perhaps but whose memory remains. I'd like to think I can remain active in aviation for another few years at least ... but perhaps now in words only. And in closing my Christmas message, I want to thank the
many aviation people who have befriended and encouraged me over the years. You know who you are and I'd need a new dedicated thread to name the names of you all. May I wish ppruners, and in particular those with whom I've flown, the very happiest of Christmastides and a wonderful and safe 2012for all ... as the great CD wrote ... "God bless us - everyone."

Dennis Kenyon. Christmas 2011