PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 24th Dec 2011, 16:51
SDFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captplaystation: "Some on here seem to have problems with that & think" all crew should be capable of flying" / "crew must respect the rest allocation to be rested for arrival" etc.
I don't think this situation was one where respecting anyones sensibilities was of any importance, the most senior guy (who is payed to be in charge/paid to ensure safety) should have taken a hold of the damn thing. . . on the 2nd point, the arrival, & how rested you feel for it,is of little relevance, if, in the meantime, you dump the ship in the ocean."
-----------------
Thanks for that, I find it convincing. I had felt that the Captain probably didn't have the time and information to take a front seat and assume command but it seems that many experienced pilots here take a different view.

Certainly as pilots we are all trained to analyze and deal with unusual attitudes in a few seconds, under the hood at the very least. I've never had to deal with an unusual attitude in clag but I hope I'd benefit from my training, even as an humble 172 IR pilot.

Good discussion.

Last edited by SDFlyer; 24th Dec 2011 at 17:02.