PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Cadet Programme Application Thread
Old 24th Dec 2011, 13:01
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT Stage 2 Final Interview in HK 9-10 Jan

Essentially the main HR and Technical interviews are as what has been posted.

The books that would definitely help are How to Fly the Big Jets, Ace the Technical Pilot interviews.

For historic background : Beyond Lions Rock, Syd's Pirates and the 49'ers are good for you to read to be informed from all angles.

The main CX website as well as Flight Dailies provide information that you would need.

Essentially a sound knowledge on Aerodynamics, Meteorology of HK, Performance and an overall awareness of the T&Cs the SO gets on the scheme would be important.

HR's interview is very focused on how you are gonna survive on the package and if you are commuting how you will manage fatigue. It will be an issue to show how well you have factored in financial planning to tide over the entire SO/JFO phase. i.e. Mortgages in home country, expenses etc. Be prepared for that as the focus has shifted from being able to assimilate in HK to being able to survive and not end up with a divorce or the likes.

They would want to meet your spouse at the tea reception. To get a sensing of the support you are gonna get during training. All being said and done, the previous threads have provided lots of useful information and go in with your eyes open.

In my situation, I come from Singapore, there are NO expatriate salaries anymore with SIA and there are no DESO schemes except through the CADET program which is 2 years long and cost of living here is higher than HK. So the the iCADET option is naturally attractive to me as opposed to guys from UK and OZ whom had predecessors on 'A' and 'B' salary scales.