PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOW MUCH? ANNINGTON NEWS ...
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2011, 12:30
sidewayspeak

'm afraid Easy Street has hit the nail on the head. Not only does the weekend commute do nothing for morale, the RAF's divisive policy of charging some home owners (singlies) full accommodation charges whilst waiving them for other home owners (married types) even though they might both be still paying the mortgage and trying their hardest to hold down some vestige of a life outside of the Service, seems to be totally contrary to the MOD's implied intent of getting people into their own homes and all the demographic indicators suggesting more people living on their own.
I exercised my Option for exactly that reason... posted down to London and expected to pay full living in charges as I'm a 'singlie' - only living with my partner. I'm not spending life miserable in the mess Mon-Fri when I have a home elsewhere. It felt like 'constructive dismissal' as there was no other option other than leave.

Looking forward to the real world and control of my own life, but another experienced bloke walks out the door because of a $%%% personnel system. I would have been happy to live at home and bounce around the mong stream jobs for a few more years. But I suppose they want us out the door without redundancy anyway.