PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 and light plane
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2011, 11:50
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessna Citation will never have V1 increase to Vr in any foreseeable circumstances. So I object to be categorized like that for math simplicity.
I am sorry, but you have lost me completely. I thought you were torturing this point on the basis of long runways, when V1 would presumably equate to VR in virtually all of those "forseeable circumstances?" You don't appear to understand what V1 actually is. It is an accelerate/stop distance speed that is limited by VR. You could have a runway that spans the Earth if you can imagine one, but it wouldn't change the mathematics. I suspect you are wrapped up with the idea that V1 is a decision speed when in fact it is used as a speed by which time a decision should have been made based on the fact that is an accelerate/stop distance speed that ceases to have a function once VR has been reached. In other words VR becomes the ceiling.

In your premise, I suppose you could accelerate on the ground well beyond VR. Presumably your tire limits would be the next performance barrier? However this is nonsense, because the premise of what the performance calculation is being done for, is nonsense.

As the above posts have already made clear, a very long runway can become a performance critical runway (and nearly always is) by the use of reduced thrust take offs.

there are some many stupid regulations that your eyes open wide and you start to think twice everything you see.
Examples: oxygen requirement for any small jet is the same as for jets flying oceanic crossings which is 2h. Why when we are never more then half an hour away from farthest airport and descend to 10.000ft will take no more then 10min ? Or this stupid FAA requirement which no one ever complies with of using oxigen mask at FL350 and above.
By "never more than 30 minutes from the fatherest airport" I assume you are being erroneous again, and actually mean 30 minutes from the nearest airport. There are no end of places where a small business jet can be more than 30 minutes from the nearest (suitable and adequate) airport. This is before you even begin to take things like "weather" into account. Believe it or not, there are even parts of the world where terrain can preclude decents below 10,000ft for periods longer than 30 minutes.

There have been some famous accidents where oxygen mask none use was a major factor. The regulator rules to protect against a repetition of those factors. The idea being that protection is afforded by learning from the mistakes of the past.

I suspect the people you are referring to as "clueless" are in fact very intelligent and knowledgeable. They are simply alluding to the "information" you have chosen to display in your profile. That it is erroneous doesn't surprise me at all.

There is nothing wrong with asking a question, but you seem woefully reluctant to digest and listen to the answers that other people provide.