PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 and light plane
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2011, 09:07
Old Smokey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, SSG, Dariuszw, and all of your offspring, have I got an early Christmas present for you!

It's called Reduced Thrust (or Flex as your fellow Europeans from the Poznan region would call it). An added extra is that you could further apply Reduced Thrust to Derated Thrust. As you seem to have a problem with excess runway (I wish that I did), Flex, Reduced Thrust and Derated Thrust can eliminate your excess problem in an instant, no kiddin!

Go check with Daddy SSG, he knows a lot about Reduced Thrust, quite an expert in fact, just ask him, he knows it all. Us other dumb pilots and Performance Engineers know nuthin.....really! He knows that we all 'take it to the fence' on a flight by flight basis, airborne criminals the lot of us.

He knows too, that these airborne criminals regularly take aircraft into IMC and Icing conditions, on some mistaken belief that that's where REAL pilots go. Shockingly, these same real pilots actually accept that the Performance Engineers who created their performance data actually know a tad more about performance than they do, so naive. Now, we wouldn't want you to do any of that Real Pilot Stuff would we?

Show us the way in 2012 SSG et al, we eagerly await your moderation of the sanity of these forums (although I sometimes wonder in which direction you modify it).

Seasons Greetings to the Real Pilots.