PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Elifly - any experiences?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2011, 08:01
Soshito Nakakata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elifly

eli-fly
guys if what you say is true please could you produce some credible proof .reason i ask of this there is a major contract in the balance here and if this is gossip the company will most likely to loose contract.

ReDude,
What do you mean by credible proof?
Don't know what is your role there. In any case, wake up.
Italy is not New Zealand (and I'm very sad about this)

Start reading this
Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk]Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk]Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk

Scroll down to the rank list and then reset your mind for a proper and safe approach to Italy.

If I had to start a business in another country I wouldn't take any action before I find a very reliable partner and/or consultant with a good knowledge of the market and environment.
The same way I would act if I had to start a business in my country with a foreign partner. I would carry on some investigations before I count on this partnership.

Copy the text in this page: Provinciakr.it - Cronaca
And translate it here Google Traduttore

Or this one:
Le News di Soverato.com

Then you can find out through official channels wether this is a load of bull**** or not. Any lawyer in Italy can do it for you.

Major contracts are not decided upon through rumour and, if they are, are unlikely to be worth involvement withAny professional assessment of an operator's capabilities will be conducted through an audit which takes into account their inventory, its condition, the way it is operated and managed as well as their past performance.
I am a little out of touch with Eli-Fly's current activities but, back in the day they were a great company with many satisfied customers.
Savoia, please come back on this planet.
If you're deaf to all rumors, you'd better refrain from leading any business.
Of course you can't drink anything put on the table. Rumors are to be verified, understood, investigated. The "average" of the rumors, collected from the top 10 operators in the country, through informal and cooperative info exchange, will give you a picture sometimes very close to reality.
Try leading a business in some countries in west africa for 3 or 4 years, then you're vaccinated and well trained to navigate in italian waters.

If you Google them, the Handbook of Business Aviation shows them operating 2 x B412, 1 x AS 350 Squirrel, 5 x Lama, 1 x Alouette III and no suggestion that they have lost their AOC! Interesting, perhaps somebody should give them a call or ask Geoffers to investigate further when he's doing one of his regular Italian tours.
Ambi, dunno who Geoffers is.
Tell him to get in touch first 5 operators in Italy (I mean the actual hems and off-shore contractors) and ask why Elifly lost its AOC and is not partner of any of these operators. Let us know the answer.
By the way, he could interview all certifying staff and pilots he meets and let us know all impressions as well.
Moreover, some operator directories are old or based on what operators declare. Don't trust them.