PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 21:38
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One common thought

At least most people who have contritbuted here have one thing in common. Every man and his dog agrees that Peel have no interest in seeing DTV survive with the way the have ran it for the last few years.

Was it head office's motto to run it down and make it unattractive to most airlines? I don't suppose we will ever know?

One thing the MP's and councils should do is get together as one group with somebody actually attending meetings to monitor what is going on, and actually having a say on the airports running?

From where I am sitting nobody from the minority share holding group has had any type of say in the running of DTV.

One post mentions no new road on the south side. The road that was needed was the one that was built, and runs straight from the A66, which is a very good link road from the A19 and A1. The location of DTV is not far away from one of the main east - west hubs which ever way you look at it.

Peel thought they had got away with another Sheffield. They have been busy though, changing one company to another, and moving shares around.

Out of interest how much is the cobham contract worth? Would the BMI compo Peel are expeciting pay for that, if required?

Re the post about the water tower land and the emergency water supply. The water and electricity mains were moved years ago when the new DTV access road was put in on the other side I believe.

Could it be they wanted the whole site for other needs? Business Park or what ever? but I dont think aviation crossed their mind.

Lets hope someone with deep pockets can be tempted to buy DTV and build it up like NCL and LBA who are doing well. At least DTV doesnt have the weather problems that LBA sometimes has being on a big hill.

Come on MP's ask for an investigation into all the murky dealings that have been going on, and where is the BMI compo money?

Good luck to all the people left at the airport, and lets hope the local press can remain interested in the campaign to keep it open.

Last edited by Northbound A1; 20th Jan 2012 at 19:54.