PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air
Thread: Wizz Air
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 17:59
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz interview + sim

Just to shed some light on the last part of selection.

The first day will include a technical interview with three pilots. Common topics discussed on the particular day were low visibility operations, rvr, minimums, etc. Jet handling characteristics and its relation to centre of gravity and climb segments and missed approach climb gradient etc. If you are rated on the airbus they will also ask you questions about airbus systems, which seems fairly logical to expect. I flew turboprop before so they asked me about my particular airplane and its systems, prop characteristics, etc. I have to say that the interview was conducted in a very friendly fashion, they seemed reasonable in their questions. They weren't about to ask about which convention deals with cabotage etc. Just stuff you need to know in a daily flight operation.

The HR interview is conducted afterwards if you are succesful. Again straightforward questions like why wizz, what do you expect in five years, what would you do in situation x, y and z. Most of us have had similar HR or technical interviews before.

If succesful, the second day is going to be a sim evaluation. Groups are divided in airbus rated and non rated. You will be flying with one of the other candidates in your group. It will include a takeoff with flight director, cleanup and leveloff, airwork raw data and an ils intercept, approach and landing to follow. After the landing the person that was PM is going to do a full ils approach as well and that will be it. Our sim was around 25 minutes and it was far from perfect. For the rated guys it is different but I can't comment on this.

My guess is that they want to see if you can work well together as a team and try to do a reasonable job considering it will be your first time in an airbus. I hope this helps someone and if anyone has anything to add, feel free to contribute.