PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Wrist watches...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 11:20
Unusual Attitude

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my Breitling Aerospace Titanium F56062 through a senior Breitling executive for a good price in 1995 and it served me well. It is identical to the one below and doesn't have the silly 'repetition minutes' logo or the ugly italic numerals of later models:

Then a year or so ago it developed a taste for battery replacement (£50-£70....) before it stopped working completely a month ago....

So, whilst in London I took it in for the posh watch shop to assess....

I had the diagnosis yesterday. £352.23 for a new movement (inlcuding £70 credited against the last battery change), £38.56 to exchange the hands as the new movement has a different spindle diameter, £130 for labour and £10 P&P....plus £106.16 VAT totalling £636.95...

I declined the opitional replacement of a slightly scratched crystal and slightly worn titanium nitride gold riders....that would have been an extra £165.75 + VAT.

And it'll take about 10 weeks to be repaired.....
Then again if you consider you've had it 16 years, thats only £40 per year to maintain and its probably worth more now than when you bought it....it will also look brand new if its had the Breitling polish!