PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 08:45
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well NuName, whilst I would not back everything the fischmeister wrote, there is one fact that could (would I care about it) make my blood boil: you canīt get into airlines above age 40 give or take a little. Now, how fair is this?
Then SOME of said Gentlemen use their pension to undercut going rates for those who have to live of it. In Germany that was/is the fashion with ex Luftwaffe guys, the socalled BO41s that get a good pension and then fly for less than the going rates (not everyone is doing that, but enough to get noted). And the operators happily do employ them, cause they are cheap.

The State also pays (at least it used to do it) the conversion to civil licence.

Now how fair is this compared to the guys who spent like 70.000€ out of their own pocket to get a licence...

Iīm old enough to know that life isnīt fair. Still I can bitch about it.

BTW, when I started to fly the pension age was 65. Now it is 67 and would I fly commercially, I could not fly up to 67. For the time being I can do it in coorperate, which in turn limits the potential jobs for me big time. Now, how democratic and free is that then ?