PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Buying RJ's
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2002, 01:22
surplus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by A-V-8R ,With this savings, UAL is providing financing to its UA Express operation for 145 additional RJ's.
I read a press release from your company that quoted a Mr. Greene as saying the number of additional RJ's at the Express carriers would be increased to 109. It made no mention of UAL providing the financing. Since UAL credit is currently non-existent one would think these "Express" carriers could provide their own financing.

I'm about 1100 on the seniority list of 8400, soon to be 7700, 23 years seniority, 767 about to be 777 Captain, and I got this feeling I'm going to be pulling the gear lever for some 25 year old kid on an RJ within 3 years....
While I regret the difficulties your company is having, don't you think you're exaggerating more than just a bit (given your position)?

I regret ALL furloughs and particularly those that might affect the rEAL pilots currently at UAL. Devastating to lose again after that debacle.

I wish you well and hope that the Company will be able to avoid bankruptcy (recievership). Good luck.