PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reynauds - how do you deal with it?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 05:43
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've"suffered" from it for over 30 years and I'm still around! When I first got it really bad in my younger years, I paniked and had a number of tests done... I was afraid it'd go further then just my fingers (btw., your toes probably are suffering, too, in spite of heavy warm shoes?). Anyway, I had x-rays (the contrast stuff put through my artery didn't go past my wrist) done and lots of tests like putting my fingers in ice water. After all that came the diagnoses... raynaulds (however you spell it). The advice of the doctors: wear warm mittens (duh), wear warm shoes (duh), try to keep warm (duh). Live with it! (duh)

I also get it in summer when the weather is moist and cold or when I try to peel potatoes under cold water.

It's a "pain" (in more ways then one) when driving the car and the fingers are all cramped up, or the toes hurt. But I live with it. Sometimes I go for months with nothing, then there will be days when it's particularly bad. I've learned to just live with it and since I know it won't get worse, no problem with that.

It was hinted to me once, that it could have been caused from getting frost bite at one time. That's possible...

I know this doesn't help much... but maybe it eases your mind a bit.