PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 05:38
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Der_Fischmeister

As long as we (most of us) live in a free and democratic society we can all make our own decision when or not to retire providing that decision is not made for us by the AME. These days all folks are being encouraged to work longer for obvious reasons and for me, not being a spring chicken anymore, thats just fine. I will not be jumping into my slippers and rocking chair just to vacate a position for a younger person, and I know many others just like me. So young man, stop crying in your beer and just get on with it, have a little respect for your elders and remember that we all have the right to go to work. That right does not go away just because one decided to be a professional pilot. If you are any good you will have a fine career, or.............. And if you do have a fine career how eager will YOU be to give it up just to make space for a younger person?
As for airline pilots coming to bizjets, who decided that they are not allowed to do that?