PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 23:16
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Dan Air 87
My thoughts are with the BD employees who despite the outlook have had a narrow escape from joining VS.
From my pax point of view - I am only sad that VS were not able to buy BD years ago when they first wanted to.

I can still hear the whining of VS that they were unable to get bmi and no doubt they are preparing their a/c for the latest slogan.
If IAG had been defeated by VS then they would be whining. It's called capitalism!

I hope that BD's brand will survive
It won't. It can't. We are in the middle of the worst recession since the 30s.
but all I would like to know is where did BD go so wrong? I think it was when they bought British Med that it may have started but I will be interested to hear others.
Sorry but it was long before that. They were an old fashioned airline. Built on deeply hierarchical lines. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were unable to break into the long haul (not for want of trying, I know) but once the LCCs came along - their goose was cooked and it was only a matter of time.

If LH had fully integrated them - then jobs would still exist - but they tried to keep the brand going and separate brands cost a lot of money.

I'm sorry to be harsh but that's how I see it. The intransigence of MB in not selling to RB, has led (almost directly) to where they are today.