PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 18:06
Chronic Snoozer

Received 339 Likes on 130 Posts
FGD135
Chronic Snoozer, how about you put your thinking cap on? If you were to fly into a hill whilst conducting an RNAV approach because Jeppesen accidentally shifted all the waypoint coordinates by a few miles, then that would be your fault would it?
Thinking cap firmly on thanks mate. No requirement for straw men. I paraphrased prospector and added my observation that flying into the ground is proof enough (for me anyway) that 'some' blame (I prefer to say responsibility) rests with the crew in view of all that has been discussed. (That is the crew of this particular ANZ flight)

Dozy
I'd familiarise myself with the details of the case before making such sweeping statements.
I commented that this quote from prospector
The captain........must have been aware that there was a very good chance of encountering whiteout at the altitude he descended to
was fair and uncontroversial after 27/09 said it was jumping to conclusions. Semantically, there is little to be gained from discussing it further.

Not sure about this 100% blameless agenda being pushed which is detracting from a highly educational and useful discussion. You and I are of course entitled to our own opinions.