PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 17:43
RainingLogic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, a little truth, rather then opinion -

- Airline guys coming out of commuters, move to corporate for the money.

- Airline guys don't move out of the majors to take a pay cut in corporate.

- Airlines are hiring guys that get along in a homogeneous group think union environment where no one makes a decisions and they will be supervised and managed their whole lives.

- Corporate guys TEND to get to a place where they run their own departments and pretty much couldn't even conceive of working for chief pilots, with a book of SOPS under the seat.

- Airline guys and corporate guys can revel in a strict laid out schedule months in advance...but a few of us, don't want things mapped out. Call me a few days in advance, I can plan a trip, figure out how to do it. Airline guys can hate this, as many don't really want to be pilots, or planners, they just want a seat in a plane.

--------------------

It shakes out for me that I can't stand large organizations..I've never been managed...it's been 'here's the keys' and I have a plane ready when they want to go fly...other guys can really hate this.

Last - An airline guy that flies 80 hours a month that owns a C172 to go flying on his days off is telling of a guy that never touches the controls during his tenure as a 'pilot'. People asked me if I owned a plane and I thought they were nuts...'what do you think I do all day for a living?'

- but that of course might have something to do with hand flying approaches for 'fun', doing all the flying and landings, and all the other stuff, so it's pretty pointless to have a little plane, when I get it out of my system at the job.