PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 10:45
corporate-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That it would be harder work, when your actually at work.
Er not always, my airline chums work harder than me. I have minimal stress and a lot of fun and do about 500 hours a year.

There is generally more time off (but many, many standby days).
Yeah I do probably get a bit more time off than some of my mates, very few standby days though.

Greater responsibilities (Customer Service, Aircraft cleanliness, Operational roles).
Yes, making sure their taxis have arrived and of course keeping the aircraft clean and stocked up.

Some interesting and random destinations with longer layovers, but more waiting around and uncertainty.
I'm home most nights, but I do look forward to night stops. Random as far as mainly European destinations. No puddle jumping for me.

More highly regarded as a professional (depends on the client), but I would imagine more so than flying a load of drunk customers down to the Canary's. - "More than just a number" as Sir Korsky mentioned.
Our passengers are professionals and they treat us as professionals. A mutual respect I guess.

All in all, a lot more face time with the clients, and a lot more of a 'personal experience'.
Absolutely! Best bit of the job, a bit of banter in the FBO or at the bottom of the air stair (depending on how well I know them of course)

I reckon that you would also have to be an extremely flexible / adaptable character, to put up with a variable roster (unless you join a large operator e.g. NetJets).
I work for a private owner and have a fairly fixed rosta, multiple aircraft and a decent number of crew to share the workload. You do however have to keep flexible. "You might need to go to xxx tomorrow", to which I normally answer "why tomorrow, I can go now".