PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Pilot Medical Failures
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 01:55
cameltoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Soab
I am one of those who was in China and failed the medical for total BS reasons, if you want to know the details I will gladly share them with you but the fact of the matter is the CAAC could care less about you and your career and from my own first hand account and from watching many others at my former Chinese company. They will fail you even if you check out fine, if they think you do not fit the mold they will just keep ordering tests to be done till you cry enough. I can honestly tell you all that you have heard about this back assward, Chinese NASA physical is absolutely true. From the chest xrays, ultrasounds to hunt down those killer gall stones, trying to produce an epileptic seizure with flashing lights, and the notorious blood PSI check, For 25 years took them twice a year in the US, always around 115/74 but come to China and now 125-135/85-95, hmmmmm, wonder why, could it be that the cuff is made to fit a 5'4" 140lb man who's only exercise is curling cigs and TsingTao to his lips, so when they try to fit the "one size fits all Capt" to a 6'6" 275lb Westerner who does exercise hard 5 times a week you end up with the Chinese medical comedy routine of one guy pumping the thing up and another holding to my arm. Not lying, they actually thought this would work, when I told docs. back in the US (after taking my blood psi. with a correct size cuff and reading 112/70) their advise "I'd pick another country before they hurt you"

Last edited by cameltoad; 22nd Dec 2011 at 01:56. Reason: left out word