PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SPIC and Modular
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2011, 17:40
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPIC and Modular

Hi,

So I'm a PPL holding which I got in the UK and whilst I distance learn ATPLs in the Canary Islands I wanted to do about 1 or 2 hours a month as part of hour building but mainly because I want to fly around here for the experience.

Now the only way I can do this without joining the local flying club (€800 membership fee!) is to fly as student pilot in command with an instructor, regardless of the fact I'm not a student.

Reading LASORS and another thread on this forum which was rather confusing I only found information about SPIC for integrated students. The definition of SPIC contradicts of what the flying club are telling me and there's no mention of SPIC and modular.

So does this mean as a modular student I cannot log hours as P1 under SPIC, or if I do they can't count towards my CPL? This is what the LASORS document was hinting at but I was wondering if anybody knew more about it and I cannot see a reason why integrated students have this privilege. Modular or integrated, P1 is P1 in my eyes. You're still in charge.

I tried to contact the Spanish authorities but it's near impossible.

Thanks.