PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 21st Dec 2011, 15:35
KyleRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you being a jerk PicMas?

Jimsmitty01

I have met some that have made the move - it's not for everyone and most don't like it. You are effectively on your own with a lot of the day to day chores to be done by you. Interpersonal skills and smart dress are vital as you will be meeting, greeting and dealing with your passengers. Remember their time is valuable - your's is not!

Roster is frequently a figment of Ops imagination - you could well end up being on standby duty most of the time. Some didn't mind but long term it grated with me. You lived your life around the standby - which is no life!

I have moved the other way but still do some work on the Citation XL. I would NEVER go back to full-time corporate. At least now I have a roster which is honoured so planning one's life is much easier.

That said there is some great flying to be had and some fun places downroute. Most of my ex-colleagues, both pilots and hosties were top notch!

Corporate is a bit of an enigma - it has both the very best job conditions and the very worst, with most somewhere in the middle.

In conclusion, even if you are with Ryanair I'd stick with it or try Emirates or Qatar Airways.