PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude Cabin Crew
Thread: Rude Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 18:15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm glad that this post has finally taken back control from the hijacker!

The points made in the last few postings, in my humble experience, are all founded and based on the principle, which started the thread in the first place.

On my LAST FR flight, I sat in a row next to a gent who had a PPL and apparently a few hundred hours. Also in my opinion, he had a reasonable level of knowledge of the aviation industry. Without me offering too much input, I found that he was as disillusioned as I was with the mushroom treatment. Also, the high incidence of blatant profanity on this and other flights, appeared to shock as many as heard it in the first place. Of course this does not mean that all cabin crew behave in this way. Far from it! It does however mean that I personally am happier taking my business elsewhere. I've done exactly that and am happy to say that the AF crews (in general) approach and treat me in a way I find amicable, and deserving of a loyal customer. After all, that is what I am!

The fact that I hold ATPL's issued by three different authorities, have flown more than 10000 hours as pilot-in-command in the public transport category, and graduated from an aeronautical university, perhaps make me more sensitive to the idiot explanation. Granted, procedures vary from airline to airline and that is to be expected. What is not expected (by me anyway) are the gross differences in procedure and passenger handling in the same aircraft, let alone airline!

I rest my case.