PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2011, 12:05
Flyingharry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just so you know lilflyboy, the reason I would like to crush the weight issue is if you let people rattle on about a subject for long enough then all it is that other's think about - esspecially the naive/ignorant - is "was the aircraft too heavy". Yes we understand it got airborne and flew 500 meters, but some people just like to spice up the mix by adding variables without facts. I do not believe the aircraft was too heavy.

But some like Mr. Cheetah and too a lesser extent Tango 24 with his - no 11 out of Xaxakana, need to be set straight.

Cheetah you can reference #47 & 64 all you want. As Posts to clarify these as General Discussion - you have been condescending all along and you have come as close to stating AKD operated outside its limits without saying so. We have all been speaking about "this accident" so making out like this is general discussion time at Group Therapy does not let you off the hook - nor do your comments let Martin's memory off the hook. Example's:

Start with #52 where you give reference that a pilot would call the office. I wouldn't call anyone as lilflyboy said just dump the luggage and let the office sort it out later. Hence the phrase -Pilot In Command - PPL stuff. Does not matter what the office says to me, if I have said "no" the aircraft is not getting airborne until I am happy with it, so speaking to the office is a form of redundancy other than to sort out options. In addition who cares or expects a pat on the back for anything other than Safe & Professional pilot each and every day and even then that is what he/she signed on for so the employer should expect nothing less.

Then there is #90 where you feign midgets all around. Funny; but they do get all sizes there (as most of us do everywhere) and not all Europeans/Americans are obese or worse. Asian's are prone to traveling these days too if we are going to be blatantly stereotypical (and today I feel like it). Therefore the number of people is not the issue their combined weights are and that is what pilot's must deal with the WEIGHT issue; at all airstrips. If that is a problem I hear they are hiring at SPUR. EFATO leaves few options in most bush operations - the pilot needs to make the best of it and if they don't like that go to the airlines and fly seal to seal or get a twin job somewhere (something with some power - not one of those Maun Islander's anyway)

Then #101; condescending or a state the obvious competition. You decide.

1. Yes CAAB would need to approve the Mod for the aircraft or the Operator could not put it on the aircraft. Most of us do not work in the DRC. With
the approval comes the amendment to the POH and none of this would
happen without amended SOP's, (although I am not sure what they are
amending in the aircraft's operation)
2. It is not a hypothetical weight increase of 312 lbs - the Mod
provides the increase so it is, how do they say - REALITY!
3. No it does not allow "him" (wonder who you meant by this) to disregard anything in the POH - Not even those inexperienced and over- managed pilots (#42) are allowed to do that. Part of the responsibility of being a Commercial Pilot (I think).
4. WAT tables do not limit the weight of the aircraft. The PIC does that using
various tools (including the POH and its tables) Good pilots can determine
this pretty accurately by looking at people and their bags but in the end
we should all use the POH. Let us continue to understand who is in charge
of the aircraft

You have implied that on the day with the APE II conversion that with 11 people (probably Midgets) this C208B (not AKD - as this is General Discussion) might have operated out of its window. See ragdragger post.

Now your sensibilities have been hurt because you have been called on it. Well I am sorry for that; anyone else sorry as well?

Last edited by Flyingharry; 22nd Dec 2011 at 09:34.