PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastjet
Thread: Fastjet
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2011, 22:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
vctenderness
In every sphere that the Virgin brand operate they moan and complain at every turn of the coin.
Indeed - that's their job. Some years ago (mebbe five) in one of the BA/VS spats, I recall an interviewer asking Branson why he was always complaining and he said (as I recall) "That's my job. If I was the CEO of BA, then I would be saying exactly what Willie Walsh is saying - because that's HIS job"

nigel osborne
I have to curse Virgin, not interested initially then limply coming to the table at the last second
I don't think they are late? VS have been trying to by BD for 15 years. It's just that Bishop would not even talk to Branson and insisted on delaying the sale until he could get DLH to take it. In my view, if VS had been able to buy BD years ago, the staff at BD would be looking at a much more certain future than they are now.

Ernest Lanc's
Now I am no expert at all on these matters - But if Laker could not survive with the big boys - What makes Stelios think he can?
Indeed. Also, at the time that Laker was hacking away at the big boys, there was tons of money and untapped demand. Now there is no money and (at best) stagnant demand.

This is all huffing and puffing.