Thread: Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2011, 16:53
Lex Talionis

AA,
I think if you visit the link I provided you will see what most observers are thinking.
If they can contradict their own policy of no team orders one year when their rumoured 'favourite' driver is coming second to his team mate and not only rescind but completely reverse that same policy with a straight face the next year when the situation is the other way around then I wonder what else is happening behind closed doors.

I also think it explains the marked difference between Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel 2010 and 2011.If you are told behind closed doors that you will do what we tell you or we will not renegotiate a deal for next year it would have to have an effect on your performance as a driver.They were a lot closer last season instead of the walkover seen this year.

I have also agreed that on a number of times Mark has been his own undoing and is at the end of his career.He is a good but not an exceptional driver whereas SV looks like he could break several records in his career.However,if you have the complete support of not only the team but the owner as well it does not hurt your mind set compared to being told not to rock the boat.

SFFP/Duckbutt or whoever,again I have no idea of what you are talking about with this
Lex/Lobes/Red,
thing and now you are talking about 2008 (I can only think that this is a result of some over indulgent Christmas cheer)

We are in 2011 with 2012 mere weeks away let alone living in the past thinking about 2008 but it looks to me that if Lewis Hamilton does not make a complete turn around and win the title in 2012 or do better than 5th or at least somehow beat Jenson Button then someone in the northern hemisphere will be in more pain and feeling more than a little raw than he is now thinking about the 2011 season

Talking about Christmas cheer here are some funny headlines from planetf1 that we are unlikely to see in 2012.
"WE WERE JOKING ABOUT THE THIRD CAR": MONTEZEMOLO
"We Actually Wanted Four"
"WE HAVE TWO NUMBER 1 DRIVERS AT RED BULL": HORNER
"SILVERSTONE IS UTTERLY SPECIAL": ECCLESTONE
EDDIE JORDAN PREDICTS FIRST FIVE GP RESULTS CORRECTLY
BBC Pundit To Get Paul-the-Octopus's Aquarium
LEWIS HAMILTON WINS STAND-UP AWARD AT EDINBURGH
Not For Comedy - Just For Standing Up
You can read the rest here.
Good to see some who have a sense of humour.