PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Dec 2011, 14:28
RSaltre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview on Dec 18th

I interviewed on December 18th so here is the latest...

They have hired 300 pilots in 2011 and are planning to hire as many if not more in 2012... Currently have 98 aircrafts with 178 on order....

Our interview class consisted of 12 ( they are running classes of 12 candidates every week)... 3/4 of the candidates were there for the direct entry captain position.

Interview still consist of the three phases; written, panel interview and simulator ride. The best descripiton of the process is the one posted By av8tordude on page 173. The only difference is that we were all put in the A320 instead of the A330 sim... Power setting for the A320 are 5% higher thn the ones given for the A330... The sim consisted of takeoff intercept two radials using an RMI (outbound thn inbound) followed by an ils to a landing.. Repositioned at the end of the runway; takeoff APU fire ils to a visual approach landing..They dont grade anything below 200ft... Ceilings were 2500 ft and 10 miles winds 300/10...The whole experience was phenomenal!! Very friendly!!!!

As to the little things.... Qatar airways will only pay for your room... Food at the hotel is not cheap but you get 20% off... The morning buffet is excellent if you can afford the $27 price tag..... Wireless is not free; i signed up for a 2 day subscription for $25... The hotel has scheduled events where they provide a temporary password for wireless internet... If you hang out in the lounge and buy a drink you can get the password from the waitress ..There is an ATM in the hotel by the elevators. If you plan to check out the souq of waqif which is a must see it's about 10 Riyals from the hotel.. Cabs dont take credit cards so have some cash on you (make sure you have small denominations because most dont carry much change)?..

I can think of anything else.... If i do i will post it..best of luck to everyone...