PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Crash caught live on TV, Auckland, NZ
Old 20th Dec 2011, 12:07
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Me thinks the crash has knocked him silly!

The guy stays hooked to the tower....descends all that way to just off the ground...and despite all the radio gear...the preflight brief on Emergency Procedures...and what appears to be a stabliized hover....he thinks the Rigger is at fault and did something weird and in contradiction to the preagreed plan?

Yeah right! The Insurance Company is probably telliing him they intend not to pay the claim due to his negligent operation of the aircraft and he is casting around looking for someone to blame!

His account of the event just doesn't square with the video...so I guess we should ignore our lying eyes just like a Wife confronting her cheating Husband with a video of his dalliance.

I see this as a case of a guy doing something he knows not enough about.

If the briefed plan for a hung hook was for two Riggers to climb the tower and release the line at the Tower End....why did he descend all that way? Did he not realize the line had not released? Was he going to shout in the Rigger's ear? He could not land because the line was too short...did he not realize that before the operation?

This guy is not the "hero" he is being made out to be....more like a standard issue "Dumbass" it appears to me!

What is amazing is how the seat in the aircraft failed...or the seat belt restraint system as he flailed about outside the aircraft before coming to rest against the aft bulkhead laying on the aircraft floor.

Did the seat fail or did he become separated from the seat?