PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 ton "Big blu"
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2011, 08:50
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach Two,

The Olympics are a problem, but Iran is a larger problem. They are attempting to control as much of the Middle East as possible including Afghanistan and the total destruction of Israel. These attempts include terrorism, political and indirect attacks on all countries in the region. Iran are increasing their influence within Pakistan for instance by saying that their common enemy is the USA. You will be aware of much else I haven't written as it is common knowledge and has been written about here (i.e. many of the Middle East problems are down to Iran). Russia are interested as it weakens their foes as well as introducing an area the US is denied for use, and loses control of POL supplies from the region. The Straits of Hormuz are currently not of great interest to Iran, but will be if fighting does commence.

Iran have been, and continue to, sponsor terrorism globally. This includes targeting the Olympics. China spent $70 billion on security, Greece spent $14.8 billion. The UK is spending a bit over $1 billion. What does that tell you? Having said that the UK already has a large complex security infrastructure in place, but not $69 billion worth.

On top of that Iran are planning/ carrying out cyber attacks against the United States from Mexico (and perhaps Cuba). Funding for the Cyber Warfare is about $1 billion. Iran are also increasing their influence in South America. This also includes money laundering and drug trafficking activities by terrorist groups supported by Iran. In Venezuela there are Iranian military camps organised through Iranian financed mosques within Venezuela.

China will not be happy if Iran gain control of Afghanistan as they have invested vast sums in mineral extraction in Afghanistan. This amount of money is increasing. China are happy with much else as the US focus is mainly on the Middle East (including Afghanistan). China wants Taiwan and South Korea, but realises that both these countries are wealthy, so has to be careful on how it brings them in to its sphere of influence.

One of the few things Iran can not be blamed for are the Somali pirate problems.

I could write a rather long report on Iran and the security issues, but PPRuNe is not the place for it.

I forgot to add; due to the way the death of Kim Jong II was announced, there will be a peaceful transition to the new "Glorious Leader Kim Jong-un". This does not preclude localised attacks on South Korean assets (as in the sinking of the Cheonan), nor military posturing such as the firing of missiles.

Last edited by hval; 20th Dec 2011 at 09:06. Reason: North Korea