PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Incident at Melbourne.
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2011, 00:15
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks EK_Bus Driver. I did cast a wide net regarding the ATSB, but it makes me mad when the "Authorities" in this country fail to get it right, for whatever the reason. I know the ATSB is only manadated to investigate, but where's CASA in all of this? Oh that's right, CASA (in this case it seems) are TOOTHLESS! And do you know why? Because they choose to be. Australia came to within a bee's whisker of what would have been it's greatest airline disaster, and what have CASA done? ZIP! I mean Good God Almighty. Any responsible regulator would've banned EK from flying into OZ untill a full and transparent investigation was done.

You only need to look at the outcome of the Senate inquiry to see the smoking gun of incompetance and corruption. The last thing these guys want is an investigation into any of the fatigue management systems. Systems that are only in place because they favour the selected airline operators. CAO 48 may not be perfect, but it does at least provide protection. Protection that has been earned (sometimes in blood) over decades of operations. CASA's relationship with the "Big End of Town" is nothing short of scandalous, and it only goes to highlight CASA's failure to act on the latent failures in the system. Failures that they, as an organisation, have allowed to develope!

As gobbledock keeps saying... TICK TOCK!