PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 19th Dec 2011, 20:57
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, yep, with you there, although for me, percentage wise it wasn't much (still illegal though) & the bigger bollox was the missing spacer, which I tend to favour for the tyre failure over the "home-made" DC10 part, & shutting down an engine from P3 position without much , if any, in the way of consultation with the Commander.
Totally agree, the Regs are the same for all companies, in reality, the LoCo's cannot in any way afford to be too "cute" here, as any accident will be magnified by the press. Ryanairs biggest, was hardly their fault, Michael hasn't yet found a way of charging Starlings to fly
ChristianJ, OK, I just thought you were trying to imply that pax expectations were forcing the LoCo's to cut corners, when we were discussing a "Legacy Carrier" lack here.
SLFin AZ, think you are still confused Mate, at the start of the incident, the handling pilot (who was the more junior in age & experience) was sat in the RHS. The more senior (the "Cruise Capt" if you like) was in the LHS (logical I guess, as he takes the place of the -not very- sweet-dreaming Capt.)
So, if you wanted the two most experienced guys in the front, either you had to have musical chairs OR the Capt had to kick out "junior" (FWIW still a fairly experienced guy) & sit in the RHS. That was my only point, but I agree, he should have kicked someone out the seat & had a go himself . . .for me, no doubt.
So, everyone happy thus far ? next point ?