PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonfire of the Generals
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2011, 19:53
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen it over and over, and you only need to throw a bread roll gently in any direction in a DFAC to see how many Sqn Ldr's and above you hit, as they munch through rations before returning to the HQ 200m away in their personal vehicle to bugger something else up, or create work to get noticed
I noticed this at Al Udeid when I was there; it was mainly SO3s who, once they realised they were closer than normal to a 1*, seemed to become infected with chisselerism - jostling with their peers to impress 'dad' with their enthusiam for the latest fashionable 'good idea'. Fortunately few people can remain pure chisselers for a sustained period and it was funny watching some of them run out of steam as their flight home approached, often leaving some bolleaux in their wake that was stopped the minute their jet was off the ground.

One good thing to come out of it: I promised myself I would leave the Service at first opportunity rather than risk being anywhere more dangerous with these thrusters, and so far it's worked out quite well