PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident in LIN involving a SAS aircraft.
Old 11th Oct 2001, 17:16
Paterbrat

I am a figment of my own imagination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KADS, then that then makes two of us. I do concur with your point about my remarks regarding taxiing without ground radar, however I would like to say that you in turn took my remark, That's life..very much out of context. It certainly did not refer to the appalling loss of life that had just occurred. It was in reference to comments regarding the absence of the ground radar at Milan Linate, and some of the comments regarding Italian ATC with which I differed with.
I simply did not agree with on or two of the comments on the thread which implied that Italian ATC is as constantly bad as some are trying to make out. Or that the absence of ground radar makes an airport unusable.
I regret that in the brevity of these threads I did not make that clearer. Every single one of us strives daily not to make mistakes particularly when we are contantly aware of the horrendous consequences. Anything that improves those chances is immensly welcome. Constant upgrading, equipment improvement, and education is a goal we all strive for and desire; it makes our jobs easier and safer, so I in turn was annoyed by your origional assumption and comment that I was some sort of aviatory luddit.
The accident was close to home, and yet another unpleasant reminder in a month of such dreadful incidents, that anything, that any of us can do that makes our lives safer is welcome.