PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2011, 08:40
Capt Livingstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rico:
Capt Livingston-I would be surprised if much progress is being made on an investigation.
Personally I think a few people in Maun are hoping that all this will blow over so that everyone can carry on as normal. This whole accident has been swept under the carpet yet many people couldn't see it coming or did but nothing was done. Wonder what will become of Moremi Air?
Ancient Geek:
Please stop speculating and wait for the official report, it can often take over a year for a complex investigation to be completed especially in cases where the engine and possibly other items have to be shipped to the manufacturer for investigation.
From my experience I agree with you both. Also I am sure that we all agree that examining the engine should be taking top priority. Why then did the unit sit in for Maun for so long after it was recovered? Also, why is it now in Johannesburg, untouched, instead of with the manufacturer?

I agree that the majority in Maun will hope that this is forgotten. This cannot happen for the sake of the pilot and the families. Not to mention Air Safety! Operators of this aircraft need to know what happened. The publishing of the report will bring this accident back into the limelight. The sooner it happens the better even if it is just an interim report.

As for Moremi Air, I think Exascot has it right - a re-branding. It will not be the first time after an operator's record has been blemished.