PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2011, 18:29
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what will change from the current procedure for that, bookworm.

I have had no trouble getting JAA IR training done in my TB20, N-reg too. AFAICT the FTO did not have any significant work to do with that.

The JAA IR flight test itself needs the aircrtaft to be specially approved but most reasonable IFR types should not have a problem - assuming they are legal to fly in the first place Similarly, I would guess, for VFR too but IMHO very few people will be doing an ab initio PPL in their own plane (and those that do are probably ones who bought something quite nice and brand new).

If the current EASA proposals come to pass post-2014 and the IFR community really gets shafted as EASA plans to do, and the N European ATOs fail to grasp the business opportunity to do IR conversion courses in customer aircraft, all that will happen is that everybody involved will sod off to a certain ATO in Spain and knock the whole lot off in 1 week... The pilots will be losers because they won't have got training on the type they fly, but the ATOs up here will have cut off their nose to spite their face.

Continuation training will have to be done informally, for cash

God knows how the mandatory annual IR renewals will be done, if they can't be done in customer aircraft. That would be the most stupid thing of all, effectively screwing the CBM IR. But that creates yet another business opportunity: an "IR Renewal ATO" which processes the paperwork for a small fee say £50 and whose "affiliated" IREs are a load of freelancers working around the UK

Last edited by peterh337; 19th Dec 2011 at 06:24. Reason: URL added, shpelling