PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2011, 12:21
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but given that it seems it's not another airline that's buying them then the business goes on including repainting aircraft, web updates, new routes, the brand still need promoting, so no not a dying duck
Inkjet, I recall when the first news came that a buyer for bmi regional has emerged and huge speculation was on going about Mainline and baby, you stated on here something to the effect that bmibaby will be at Belfast City for the long term, here to stay etc. To make a statement like that you give the impression that you know what is going on. Now you are stating it seems that it's not another airline buying them. Who has told you this? There is no news in the public demain about that or have I missed something?

I do admire your passion for bmibaby but I think it is becoming an increasing hard sell even to your fellow 'pprune' people, no strategy, small fleet, old planes, uncertainty over the future of mainline, no point of difference (outside of EMA in my view), BHD base not delivering the goods e.g. poor performance of well established STN route, axing of MAN, CWL and diabolical performance of AMS route when many concerned said that BHD is the airport everybody wants to fly from, but strangely not from AMS (and many others where BFS sees the lions share of the passengers).

Can I also ask what does 'good forward bookings' mean by your definition, 25 passengers booked on some flights prior to route launch date?? Please do explain...

Merry Christmas to one and all on the forum.

EI-BUD