PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 18th Dec 2011, 12:03
before landing check list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget about the freakin LAWS for a bit. Maybe normal law is not a cover for piss poor pilot skills intentionally but that's what is occurring. Why else is it needed anyway? It did not save anyone in this case did it? I am sure it is a good system but it is being abused. Flying is flying and aerodynamics and physics are finite. Power was at point X, pitch information was accurate, the decent rate and altitude were correctly displayed. How hard is it to determine just from this information that the airplane really is not flying anymore and someone should do something positive to unscrew the present situation? For months now (the length of these threads) some people are still flying the darn computer system. What happened to the pilots? The ones here in this forum? Did we forget the basics? We are arguing (discussing) minutia like it is a crystal ball that is supposed to save us. Forget for a moment about the weather. Yes they should have, maybe did, maybe did not divert. Who cares? Not me, that is not the real problem in my opinion. Who cares about the laws? I don't. That is not the root of the problem either. Get real guys. It is the cookie cutter approach the schools have now and the lack of experience that should be in the cockpit to polish the young are all retired and getting ready to retire. The situation is not going to improve unless the bean counters realize the situation and is willing to spend money for proper training across the board. Anything else is just BS.

Last edited by before landing check list; 18th Dec 2011 at 15:55.