PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training and Knowledge
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2011, 08:01
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relieve me from a doubt; are there airlines today that do this ?
Yes there are, some of whom have the Euro as their unit of currency. And I have to say to that to some extent, TonyDavis is correct about the output from some schools. But that has to be the fault of the overseeing authority. The dinosaurs who dream up the crap that is stuffed in the CPL/ATPL haven't a clue about what would be useful so instead ask totally ridiculous questions about airco. plumbing and drift in 'earth tied gyros'.

I believe my company, amongst others, tries to remedy the above short comings as part of its TQ, Recurrent (including manually recovery of aircraft from unusual attitudes and upsets) and Line Training programmes. But having said that, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the new guys (and girls) - their knowledge (of things useful) after completion of Line Training appears to be pretty good. If they are deficient in any any area it's people skills, but that comes with experience - sometimes rapidly obtained when discover interesting things in their coffee and meals.