PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lion air stops recruiting through eagle jet
Old 17th Dec 2011, 19:31
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spiderfly... it's one thing to pay for a type rating as the lads do with Ryanair and EZJet. However, when they start their training, they get paid after the safety pilot is released.

Now with Lion Air... not only do these children pay for their type ratings, they also pay to sit in the right seat of a jet. Major difference.

There are those with ethics that do not promote, nor endorse such a program.

Just imagine for a minute Spiderfly, just one minute. Imagine if all potential P2Frs refused to participate in such a scheme. What do you think Lion Air would be forced to do?

I don't know who long you've in involved in aviation, but in my 36 years plus flying for carriers all over the world, I've seen terms and conditions decline. Probably more so in the US than anywhere else. And why??? because there are boneheads willing not only to fly for free, but pay to fly as evinced by the Lion Air scheme!!!

I`ve turned down an offer from Lion air as a TRI because of their exploitation of those naive puppies thinking they will have job security after the terms and conditions have been satisfied.

It's just plane bad, wrong, and amoral, and against goes against the principles of those who have earned their way into the cockpit.

As I said, I have no argument about signing a training bond, or even paying for a type rating... but paying to sit in the right seat during revenue operations??? that's just plain evil!

BTW Spiderfly, I don't quite understand your statement
you’ll carry the P2F’er label wherever you go???
I have been on someone else`s nickel after I was hired by the airlines as far as type ratings are concerned.