PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I stay or should I go ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2011, 18:15
brutale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Abu Bebo, my scholarship is based on cooperation of my country and one country from ME. That cooperation means that students form that country can choose any university in my country for free and that students from my country can study in their country for free. So I applied for this program and thanks to my high grades and prizes that I won on various competitions I managed to get scholarship. Now, normally I should go back to my country after graduation and work there ( this is idea of whole governmental project ) but people who were arranging this are not from the "industry" so they didnt know about licence differences. That why I have free training but no job proposals or any other requirements.

@Bealzebub, I explained in my reply for Abu Bebo how I actually managed to get scholarship. You probably got me wrong on this one, I dont have any troubles about staying there for few more years after graduation ( few.. can be one or two or ten... because I have no idea would I fancy it or not in next xy years ). My problem is that I`m not coming from wealthy family that could finance my life in ME for months and months after graduation, even now I`m spending their savings for living costs and plane tickets. So please dont blame me for being careful about my family.
Also I`m very aware that finding job is problem even if you are self-sponsored (but obviously nobody would choose this school in that case) but what I`m trying say is that I`m afraid because of limitation of this licence. It`s probably easier to find first job if you can try with 50 companies and that was something I was preparing for, but after they shocked me with this licence issue because now I`m limited to try with 5 or 6 companies.

I`m trying to get your responsible opinion here. Does it worth risking and spending around 30 000 $ of living costs while in school and two years of life for insecure job? I`m not saying anything bad about ME, only bad thing is that school headmaster lied to me about licence..but ok we cant do anything about that now